The Bohus County municipalities of Kungälv, Stenungsund, Uddevalla, Munkedal, Lysekil and Strömstad have formed a consortium to find the best mutual labour market development for the region and create the conditions for regional expansion toward Østfold and Oslo. Four municipalities in Norway have formally responded to an invitation to join this work. The consortium’s official name is Transportkorridor Skagerrak.
Participating municipalities in SwedenThe participating Bohus County municipalities are Kungälv, Stenungsund, Uddevalla, Munkedal, Lysekil and Strömstad. The consortium’s steering group comprises the chairman or appointed majority representatives from the municipal boards, and the appointed opposition representatives from the same municipalities.
The steering group consists of members from the following municipalities:
- Kungälvs Anders Holmeskiöld (majority), Miguel Odhner (opposition)
- Stenungsund Olof Johansson (majority), Maria Renfors (opposition)
- Uddevalla kommun Ingemar Samuelsson (majority), Jarmo Uusitalo (opposition)
- Munkedals Christoffer Rungberg (majority), Liza Kettil (opposition)
- Lysekils Jan-Olof Johansson (majority), Ronald Rombrandt (opposition)
- Strömstad Kent Hansson (majority), Lars Tysklind (opposition)
The municipal coordinators on the Swedish side are:
- Kungälv Fredric Norrå
- Stenungsunds Stefan Svedhem
- Uddevalla Anders Brunberg
- Munkedals Ylva Morén
- Lysekils Michael Johansson
- Strömstads kommun Björn Richardsson
Participating municipalities in NorwayFour municipalities in Norway have formally responded to an invitation to participate in the development work. The municipalities are located in Østfold County:
- Halden kommune Anne-Kari Holm
- Sarpsborg kommune Sindre Martinsen
- Indre Østfold kommune Saxe Frøshaug
- Nordre Follo kommune Hanne Opdan
- Alf S Johansen Border Committee Värmland Østfold, Community planner and advisor for Skagerrakbanan in Norway.